Sunday 24 November 2013

Accommodation

We stayed at the University Club Hotel. (included in the fee)
It's smacked inside the main campus.
A good place to stay in I must say.




Entrance to the main campus
I've never been to the university mosque despite it being Ramadhan.
Missed out big time. I read somewhere that it is beautiful. *cue going back to Jogja

Hotel is okay.
Breakfast is on the house. I went to breakfast once. There were western breakfast and you can request for omelette. though there is only one type of bread - white loaf without crust.
dining area. spot them 2 girls there ;)
Since it was Ramadhan, sahur was on the house too. I got down with Hadeer at 3am and stayed there until it was 4am almost everyday.
The spread was Indonesian food - rice, 3-4 different dishes, krupuk/crackers, cut fruits, soto, and guava or soursop juice. My stomach was partying all the time. I never settled for less than 2 helpings.
It was really nice. On some days it was raining and I can hear it and I can also hear the frogs. Bring so much memories from childhood. Once there was ash rain sotime during sahur time but of course I had no idea until Kea told me about it.
The people going down for sahur changed every three to four days and the last 2 or 3 days, they send the food to my room instead. Well, it makes no sense to have sahoor buffet for only 2 people.
I am salivating looking at this picture. photo by me.

We stayed at 2 single beds room ensuite.
the room. photo by me.
Rika came on the third day and it was my first time having a foreign roommate (well, I have had foreign housemates but never roomamate).
Rika is a sweet, polite Japanese and I have a lot to learn from her.
Rika-san if you are reading this, I am very sorry for my imperial march alarm that punctuated your sleep at 3 am everyday.
I never tidied my bed up (my mom will chase me if she knows this) because the housekeeper did that.
Towels got changed everyday and they replete the bottled water everyday too. what a life (cant blame me, I am a student thus I have been staying in hostels when travelling)

On a clear day we can see the Merapi.
There is a bank with ATM right outside the main gate of the main campus and Mirota campus, a supermarket is a walk away (though, I must admit I am glad I went there with Indonesian students first before I master the skill of crossing the road in Jogja)
It does feel university like (excuse me, I dont even know where our main campus is. pathethic I know)
- students practising tae kwan-do
- students in marching band practise
- students doing everything students should be doing, together





and they also have campus bike. how rad is that?
and I missed it! *2nd cue to go back.haha
credit : Shintaro Tanaka

Disclaimer : all photos are credit to Alicia unless stated otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment