Monday 23 September 2013

The Evening I Canting-ed My Favourite Skirt

We walked out of the bus onto the roadside. Jogjakarta roadside, not the European roadside. there is difference between the 2. a huge one.
and then down the stairs to these
Notice those mobiles?they are woven from coconut leaves.

I assure you, seeing this in person makes me wonder if I will find bunian(sorta like elf) among the chairs and greens

there goes. not a bunian. but an old man, reminding me of my beloved ones that have passed on.




 The lady of that place ushered us in





and we all seated to these



Photo from my collection




and hear about batik from her. and yes, Java batik is really different from ours (in term of patterns used)







I sat down facing this while the others finish their meal




and then the others joined me





and then we went so focused





and then the I cantinged my skirt. my first and most loved skirt. thus the reason I am holding the cloth like that. the damage however is already done. cryariveroftears.





I was so sad but the lady of the house prepared a warm, sweet bubur for iftar and I ate their homemade coconut icecream. which is why I am not in this picture



Dislaimer : all photos are by Vini Chumaira unless stated otherwise

No comments:

Post a Comment